1. Your Story
- Job history, including different positions held with Employer.
- Your written statement of what happened and why it is unfair. Include key dates where possible.
2. Evidence – General employment documents
- Company handbooks, policy manuals, rules and regulations.
- Union papers/Collective bargaining agreement
3.Evidence –Employee papers
- Prior warnings.
- Prior evaluations and appraisals.
- Any commendations, awards, certificates
- Any documents relating to your recently filed union grievance, including affidavits
- Any documents relating to prior grievances
- Termination letter
- Any post-termination communications with Verizon or key Verizon people
- Letters of commendation or recommendation
- Any other papers relating to your employment—including hiring, signed agreements, firing, or events leading up to your termination.
4.Evidence – Government documents
- Unemployment compensation papers.
- Income tax returns and W-2 forms for past 3 years
5.Evidence – Witnesses
- List of friendly witnesses, their telephone numbers, email, home addresses
- List of possible hostile witnesses, their home addresses and telephone numbers
- List of similarly situated people treated differently.
- Written statements of witnesses.
- Table of organization chart showing key figures – if no official company chart, then your own hand-drawn attempt (imperfection expected) is best.